Friday, April 18, 2003

Wow. Corinne sure has hyped my news up quite a bit. And yes she's right, I did spend a lot of time last night devoted to that game of games, Battlefield:1942. (Playing with someone you know is a whole lot of fun, I must say, and it seems to improve your score, but maybe that's 'cuz I was playing with a master). I wasn't really sure if I wanted to post my news here, or my other page, but I think that this one is a little more personal, and I have more friends who check this one out methinks.

So here it is: I'm finally going to grad school this fall.


Wow. I almost never thought it would happen, and I had forgotten why I wanted it. Now it all comes together, I procrastinated for a few years, which I shouldn't have because I had a feeling that I wouldn't have been accepted (I always get that kind of feeling for some reason, call it fear of success or something). But Corinne finally convinced me to do it, and now I feel really quite happy about it. I will keep you all posted as the news comes.

As it stands we are not really sure how this will work financially (although its looking like Corinne might go back to work for awhile, sadly). I will get a certain amount of money from TAships, but its unclear how the cost of school will be. I, again, will let you all know as details arise. Its weird having to quit my job, and I'm not sure how I will go about it, since they do seem to be planning for the far future. I hope I can stay on, in some respect, because I really do enjoy this place of work, but hey, its no where near as important to me as school.

I'm through yammering for now.

No comments: