Saturday, April 12, 2003

Anyone want to drive for a few days to New York to camp in tents? It'll cost $150US for a weekend festival pass to the Field Day and it looks like this:

Field Day - A two-day music, arts and camping festival
June 7th and 8th
Enterprise Park at Calverton
Calverton, NY
70 Miles East of New York City on the North
Fork of Long Island

Saturday, June 7
Radiohead, Beck, Thievery Corporation, Spiritualized, Beth Orton, Interpol, Royksopp, Liz Phair, Tortoise, TheRaveonettes, Ben Lee, My Morning Jacket, Gemma Hayes, 22-20s, Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players And More!

Sunday, June 8
The Beastie Boys, Sigur Ros, The Roots, Blur, Elliott Smith, N.E.R.D., Blackalicious, Peanut Butter Wolf, The Music, Polyphonic Spree, Le Tigre And More!

For fans of Radiohead, you already know that they are only playing festival shows right now and guess what that means to a lowly Vancouverite? It means that I will not be seeing Radiohead for their "Hail to the Theif" tour without some serious European travel. They have decided to do one North American festival showing, on my birthday no less, and I can't go. :cue tantrum in five, four, three, two, one:

Wraaaaaaaagh!

If I had a driver's license (which I don't really want) I would have rented a car and started driving. Dammit. This was such a cool idea. I could probably afford the $150US for the weekend pass and camping fee, but the flight down will be in the $500 mark. I think I should start a "Send Corinne to New York" paypal donation account somewhere. I'm not kidding either. :grin:

No comments: