Saturday, April 19, 2003

I'm putting off my thoughts about Grae's schooling. I guess I have enough things to think about.

I wonder how I am going to start working here again. I've thought about a change in careers, but I feel bad for leaving Stephen. It used to be Stephen, Tim and Peggy, and it still has a tinge of Peggy, but I think Peggy'll do fine without me and having Kimberlee around. She's adapted so far. I wonder what kind of work I would otherwise do. Anyone hear about a job opening anywhere? I don't know what I want to do with my life in the next five years. I know I'll be working, but should I work where I get paid the highest amount for the least amount of work (here)? Or should I go and do something I really like, such as testing video games or work in a movie theatre or video rental place?

I guess I have a few years to play with.

Grae will probably want me to continue working here because of the hours, the pay, the lack of stress (save Ian, who hasn't been so bad as of late).

I've got my final final on Thursday. It's strange, I haven't studied, per se, but as I fall alseep (some nights) I find myself thinking of all the types of insurance I would want if I were to own, say, a bookstore that shipped internationally. In a sense I am studying, but how weird is that?

And I'm busy with the home renovations. I found an awesome lighting thingy for the living room. The sliver one is $54.95 (out of stock) and the really cool blue one is $69.95 (in stock and much cooler). And they use halogen bulbs, so it's a less yellow lighting condition. Which is kind of what I want to do. I'd move the living room lighting to the bedroom, and dispose of the fire hazard that is the the bedroom fixture. I feel like I am on TLC. On a TLC rampage.

But Grae's right, we shouldn't spend money on these things, expecially when we need to save for his school. It looks like it's $6,000 a semester. As much as I don't like student loans, it may be necessary and then pay it off as the semester goes on. Even with the TAships, it won't cover the cost of tuition, and then there is the housing issue. I don't know how this is going to work, but since my income is equal to his output financially, as long as we use the TAships and whatever other work Grae can get to pay bills and rent, it should be okay. However, it's really nice to have a savings built up before going into a burden like that. Emergency funds and all that. Thinking outloud again.

Back to the painting issue at hand. I finished two walls, and now I need to finish off the rest of the room. I hope the other two cans are enough. I accidently picked up the wrong kind of base coat. It takes 6 hours to dry, but I think it's a one coat deal. We'll see. I may take it back because clean-up involves paint thinner, whereas the other paint was only soap and water. Meh.

No comments: