Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I've taken to disputing a grade. Has anyone done this before? I am disputing a C paper in a course where I was getting As and A+s only. It dropped my final grade to a B+. I know, I know, a B+ is a good grade. This 3% (max) difference between the B+ and A- could mean the difference between the Dean's List or a 4.0 GPA. If I get an A in law (unlikely) I'll have the Dean's List requirements fulfilled. If I get a B+ or less in law, and retain the B+ in Fiction (the class in dispute), I don't make the Dean's List by this much --->||<--- (3%).

The paper in dispute was because the instructor is a hippy and I'm a shit-disturber writing about the pros of war. The majority of his comments were questions answered in my paper. With comments like "So: people should die so we can enjoy ourselves?", when that is clearly what I was saying--It was my fucking thesis!

"Female teachers were common before the war" Right beside that note of his in my paper is the line: "Examples of the types of employment women were traditionally entitled to prior to the war include the profession of Broken Ground’s Johanna Seyerstad as a teacher (24)." So frustrating.

Needed to rant.

Stupid hippies.

No comments: