Sunday, April 13, 2003

I've got the images going now. I finally dropped my procrastination in uploading/ftping/etc. when it came to my personal webspace. I don't expect this blog to go above a certain level of visits, but you never know how excited the masses get about posting nothing.

Did you know it would cost less for me to ship myself UPS overnight than to fly myself out to New York for a weekend. I wonder how I could package myself appropriately.

I made an Exploding Dog screensaver, only because I couldn't find a slideshow screensaver for Win98. I suppose I could lift it off of another computer on this network (I'm looking at you, Grae)

I've got a mid-term Tuesday, and I register Monday.

For a waitlist.

Sucks massively to register after registration ends. It's called getting the shaft as far as I am concerned. I'm going to try to set up meetings with teachers before school starts up again. If not, I may just have a summer semster off. Which I don't want at all. I really want my college life to end soon. The sooner I am at SFU the happier I'll be. The sooner I am in university, without distractions of the social and psychological nature, the happier I'll be.

Truth be told, I haven't told anyone this, (including Grae) but I am practicing the art of utmost forgiveness. And it's an art, I tell you. Everyday I focus on what angers me, bothers me or otherwise frustrates me and let it go. Or I guess, it would make more sense if I said I attempt to let it go. I'm making progress, I think. Baby steps mind you. The annoying screaming child still instills homicidal rage, and the twit teens make me wish that post-partum abortions were available until age 20 (and I don't choose 20 as an age lightly) and slow old women who cut in front of me while I am walking make me want to kick their cane from underneath them. Bitches.

I mentioned the other day (not here) that I hate kids. I seriously hate kids. But it dawned on me that I hate parents more. Anyone who has the audacity to pressume they can raise a child well screams stupid in my books. Sure, there are parents that have kids by accident or vow to do the best they can, but most parents have kids so that they can parent or have children to raise. This lack of forethought horrifies me. I respect the parent who says "I'd like to parent to the best of my ability. Sure it won't be perfect, and I can't expect my offspring to turn out ideal but--holy crap. Why am I having a kid?!" Yes, forethought, the brain's first action of birth control.

But then I could argue about that all day. So instead of attacking everyone's parents for birthing them (I am. I truly am; despite my affections for you guys, the truth is--if you haven't learned it yet, is that our parents are dumb) I'll hit atheism. Woo! Atheism! Arthur C. Clarke (you know, this guy) said in the Winter 02-03 Free Inquiry magazine: "Perhaps we should thank the Taliban for finishing the task the Crusades began nine hundred years ago--proving beyond further dispute that Religion is incompatible with Civilization." Discuss!

No comments: