Friday, April 25, 2003

Rae and I had planned to get together last night. That failed miserably.

I got out of my exam close to two hours into it. Evidence that it was longer than the mid-term. I left the mid-term around an hour and a bit (I was number two to leave that one). Anyway, at around 3:30pm, it was too late to go home first and too early to go to Grae's work to pick him up. I chose the A&B hoping he would get off early--which he did. I emailed Duke asking whether or not he would be there and he said he had plans, and that I should have told him earlier. I thought Rae would have mentioned soemthing to him. They live together. Not a big deal; I said that I would drop off his birthday gift (two days shy of a month overdue).

We hop onto the skytrain and jet across Burnaby, hop on the first bus and away we go. We show up and no one is home. I knew Rae had a thingme downtown during the day, but since I said that I would pick up Grae after his work and show up after that, I kind of expected her there 6:30 at the latest. We were a bit early (6), and we waited outside in the rain for about half an hour to forty five minutes. Grae called Bob a few times and tried to figure things out. Grae and I were freezing so we decided since there was no sign of Rae or when she might be back, we decided to just go home. As we were walking to the bus I startled Grae with a loud "Fuck!" as I watched the bus go by a block and a half away. Things were not looking good. There isn't even a shelter at that stop.

We did see Bob though as he was getting off of the bus. He must have waited an hour and a half for Rachael.

Instead, I went home and scrubbed the carpet, had a shower and went to bed.

I lead an exciting life.

There are plans for drinks tonight if anyone is interested.
Somewhere downtown, with no stops at the clubhouse. We're renovating.

And just so Rachael doesn't think I am mad at her:

No comments: