Wednesday, April 16, 2003

I forgot to mention! I did a project a couple weeks back for Marketing* that was a magazine proposal (link takes you to magazine covers). Anyway, I got the project back today and we got the highest mark in all of the classes (which I think was expected of us). And with a design editor like myself, it's damn straight we did that well.

*The reason why I thought about this was that my final exam was today. Don't tell Grae, but I didn't study very much. Maybe a couple hours, but even then it wasn't really studying. I showed up for the exam and Erica was already there with her notes and her flash cards and all the necessities for last second studying. She cracked out her flash cards, and between Lora, Erica and I, we were pulling .250 average. The top students in the class were looking, what I like to call, doomed. With the exception of Lora, it was a mass confession about our horrible study habits for this exam. So when the instructor came in I asked if we could do the exams in pairs. It was worth a shot. The exams get handed out (yellow and "goldenrod" papers to read off of! It was visual hell), and I crack it open. I do about 8 of the multiple choice questions before reading through the whole exam to see what I can answer with confidence. After filling out one of the more major questions, I got went to the beginning, feeling a little bit more refreshed about what the course was about. And it was really easy from there on in. I dropped maybe 10-15 points with stuff I couldn't recall for the life of me, and I wasn't going to sit there for an hour hoping the exam fairy would plant the memory back in my head. I was the second to finish, and was relieved to have finished my first exam in six years. Six years. Time flies.

Hey Duke! I finally have your birthday gift. Are you still 27?

No comments: