Sunday, May 04, 2003

Yah my computer is back on line. Thanks to the Techsupport Man (my superhero Mike). Who better not move to Langly since he wouldn't be able to fix my computer from there.

I have decided three courses this summer is enough. So I will be taking Japanese, intro to Geographic Information Systems, and Regional development and planning I.

I will be moving in with Karen in June to a place on Clark and 2nd I think. It is a nice sized place with hardwood floors. The only complaint I have is the dark wood in the kitchen. But we might get permission to paint that.

I spent thursday volunteering for the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association Symposium called "Staying Alive: Working towards a Sustainable Future." Unfortuanately they used quite usustainable paper and foam cups and plates. It was fun working the evening social at the Roundhouse on Friday called Street Fusion. There were all sorts of performers: Belly dancers, stilt walkers, latin dancers, a latin workout!, a childrens African drums sort of hard to decribe band who were very energetic and dancible. There was a area for watching the hockey game, a silent auction, a live auction for a signed Canucks jersey, mehndi painting, origami tables, tons of stuff. There was not much to do until the delegates left to go dancing. Then we spent an hour breaking down all the rooms. So over all not too much work and lots of fun.

Friday I also saw X-Men 2 I liked it. It was entertaining, not the best movie I have ever seen and a little long but good.

I spent yesterday with Karen getting to know her better and checking out our new place.

Well there you go Corinne an entry.

Ciao folks,
Rachael

No comments: