Friday, May 09, 2003

So, as MisterEff has pointed out, we're having a severe drop in turn out for tomorrow. I don't have a huge problem with it. Some of the most dastardly events occur with less than 8 people. And, Duke, before the Tequila begins the destruction of livers, we need to take Emile out for a real test drive. Anyway, I haven't heard anything from anyone about coming, save for Duke, Birthday Boy Jason, MisterEff, Bob and Rachael with possibly Aidan. Meh, we'll all get drunk and have a secret party where whatever occurs there will be privy to the those that were there (and perhaps the camcorder...). And then we'll see who sends regrets!

I need some down time to myself! I have over 10 chapters to read by Tuesday. This would be fine and dandy if it weren't for the whole Cinco de Mayo plans I have going.

Tonight, I am out at Bob's place for drinks and hooplah and housewarming. By the way, Bob's bathroom is vomit coloured. Next time you're at his place, check it out. It's almost as if the landlord knew drunken revelry and vomiting in the bathroom would occur. It's impressive. An undercoat of orange with sponge painting of yellow and light blue: An experiment gone totally wrong. Bob's room however is huge and not painted vomit colour. To those going: I'll see you tonight.

Tomorrow night is the marginally anticipated event of the... Clubhouse? It certainly isn't of the month, as there are other larger events occurring. And from the predicted turn-out, it isn't of the evening either. Kim and Matt are going to the island to visit with the Sue and her husband, Dave, and their spawn, Emma. Alison the Burninator lives on the island and will most likely not be returning no matter how many tequila shots beckon her. I just found out Angela (who says she doesn't like the name Emile for Duke's car) has some birthday party to go to. Gareth and Sophie are taking MexicanMike out for his birthday (like a Cinco de Mayo party wouldn't be suiting!?). Anna alleges that she has a birthday to go to as well. Eddie, Eva, Owen, Mariko, Cameron, Kat, Boots, Paul, Karen, and Toby never got back to me. And that isn't including personal invites. It should be noted that this Saturday is also a celebration of Jason's birthday. I had a picture of Jason on the site, but it looked like he was shooting lasers out of them and I was going to photoshop some actual lasers into them so it would look super cool. But I procrastinate.

I've decided not to do anything for my birthday. I don't think there is enough time to plan anything, and especially as I watch Grae clean most of the house I realize how much effort it's going to take. I'll be in the last two weeks of school that weekend, and it isn't worth it. I'll probably just do the family thing and quietly turn 24. I'll let you know how that goes. I haven't had a quiet birthday since I was a kid and no one liked me and my parents didn't have enough money to take me to Chuck E. Cheese's so I could buy friends like Kori Benett did. :laughing:

I think I've expended enough work time writing this monologue, and between Duke and I, we've published a good chunk of reading for you all.

No comments: