Wednesday, May 28, 2003

It has been a very long time.

Did well last term. In fact, I did better than I have in my life, with the exception of Grade 1 where my literacy proved to be a boon. Hell, I tore through those skillpacks like the proverbial bat out of hell. Don't ask about math, though.

My Dad is still marrying Judy in July. I felt like Benedict Arnold as I helped them put togetther wedding invites. I could probably work up the energy to like her, but there's a little voice in the back of my head that reminds me

Nobody has told Mum yet.

See, my mother has instated an unspoken rule wherein nobody talks about what Dad is doing currently. We may mention events in which he has featured in the past, but she makes it clear that she doesn't want to know what's going on in his life. Unfortunately, the obvious solution

Don't mention it to Mum, and worry about it years down the road.

is not an option. See, my brother is getting married in October, and both my Mother and Father will be in attendance. It'll crush her if she finds out by meeting Dad's wife. She'll be pissed at us for not telling, at the very least. When I pointed this out to Dad, he replied with a firm

"Gee, I hadn't thought of that!"

Great. He said he'd tell her, but it's been two weeks and no dice. If he doesn't tell her this week, I bloody well will.

In other news, here's a couple of shout outs:

Rachael: If you're talking about the Karen I think you're talking about, you should know that she's awesome to live with. I highly recommend her as a roommate. Try to be patient with the 2 AM conga lines (only happened once, and she didn't know I was home). She's worth it.

Karen: Help!! I need mail that may have come to the old house for me. I'd have phoned, but I don't have the new number. Also, where the heck is Lance???

Corinne: Sorry I couldn't make the Cinco d Mayo festivities, but, quite frankly, I'm poor. And it looks that way for the rest of the summer. I miss having a regular income. Awesome tattoo, by the way.

Bob: Sorry I missed you. I suck. It really has been inexcusable, and I'm sorry.

Time for lunch.

Al

No comments: