Monday, May 12, 2003

I have two things to post this evening that I can think of so there we go:

1) Review of the party on Saturday.

While not quite up to the craziness of our past cinqo de maio's, and attendence nowhere near the amount of people who we invited (Some notable MIA's: Everyone from my work that I invited, Garath & Sophie, Karen & Raylene....I hate to name names, but there ya go, that's what you get for not coming, fuckers.) methinks a good time was had by all. I had many a good conversation, but didn't get too drunk (actually only very barely buzzed, though Corinne was smashed, teehee). Owen was up to his usual antics, drinking pretty much anything handed to him, but the salt was way too much and forced one drink to be poured out. Lots of people copped out and left early, others even long enough that they needed to cab home or crash here. (This was cool since some of these people were those whose friendship with me is still recent and it allowed me to get to know them better....very cool indeed) No noise complaints although a bunch of us stayed up until 4-5 Am and went to breakfast the next day... Good party, methinks.

2) Review of X2

In a word awesome. I will break this review into a few parts:

a) Nightcrawler: Always one of my favorite xmen, they really did well with his character, changing him in just the right ways to make him more complex. His powers are done very well, and I think that the opening scene is worth the price of admission alone.
b) Wolverine: They made him kick some serious ass. They seem to focus on him, which is complaint of Mike's but I think that's a good thing as I think that he's one of the most easily developed characters to begin with, and they can develop others over time (Since I think that it will become a bit of a movie serial, and they have already began with Storm and Jean Grae.
c) Pheonix: I like the build up despite its real lack of subtlety. I expect that Jason Stryker will play the role of the hellfire club in providing the hallucination that twist her into the white queen.
d) Colossus: Wicked, as I think his powers are a little one-dimensional (I mean how often do you wanna watch a metal guy hit someone real hard?) they only used him briefly, but he did kick some ass for a kid... well done.
e) The general theme of introducing new character and sequel possibilities is really neat... they can really create the first movie serial in some time, which is kind of nice as long as they don't drop the ball.

No comments: