Saturday, June 28, 2003

Well, for all the dislike I get from Ian (and possibly Peggy), I know that at least half the bosses still appear to like me. But then again, I cannot recall how Stephen treated Tim in his last days. I don't recall him being friendly to Tim all that often. And I did get rehired. I do have a feeling Ian has got it out for me; I think it is rather (what's the word? I'm thinking porr judgement; bad managerial skills; inexperience in staff-based workplaces) counter-productive to go around asking other staff members what I am up to. He's either scared of me or being cheap and actually got it out for me.

I've got some career things to think about. I found an opening that I am really suited for at a really great workplace. I'll need to apply within two weeks. But in those two weeks I also have to sort out the finances of school and such. The job is full time (but it's at a school), and I can apply there, but not while I am in school. I cannot just pay $400 for a couple of courses to drop them for a job, can I? See, if I decide that I am done for the summer (last half of the semester I barely scraped out with a B average), then I can apply for the job. If I get it, then I am out of day school (I can still take evening classes without much trouble) for a while, while I work for another school. If I don't get it, I just go back in the fall--nothing gained, nothing lossed. The job is really cool sounding and I am definitely qualified, but do I want to take up full-time work? It will help out the finances for when Grae goes back to school, for certain. Kind of torn. Practically, both options are sound, and both will make me equally pleased (maybe being in school a bit more, but its costs definitely take it down a bit).

Ah, so I finished Harry Potter 5. I think my favourite one is still the Goblet of Fire. So, Grae's next; then Erin wants to read it; and Rachael said she'd take them on for it. Grae's a quick reader, as is Rachael, so I may just bump Erin to the end of the line to make sure everyone gets a chance to read it (this year... although, admittedly I'm not sure what kind of reader Erin is).

Lots of things on my mind and falling asleep has never* been harder as of late. So tired and yet I can't put myself to sleep before 3am. School, work, relationships, Harry Potter (I think that is what I like about the books is that you genuinely feel like Harry's problems are sincere and should be fretted over), money, and everything* in between.

I NEED A NEW BOOK. I think I might pick up one of the many that I have started and lost heart with soon after getting past the half-way mark. Or I could finally do my course readings from last session.

* I lie.

No comments: