Friday, June 27, 2003

Aside from the telephones that ring and the hum of the fans from a billion CPUs, I feel like I am working in a Chinese rice field. Justin is singing some Chinese song that reminds me of labourers toiling for hours in the hot sun with those hi-hat cymbal shaped hats amongst fields and fields of wet marshy rice lands.

And I realize how quiet and segregated my work is from all other life forms. Have I mentioned that my boss's laugh is reminds me of Woody Woodpecker with a mega-phone and a few octaves lower. And he flicks his head back when he laughs. And you can hear him laugh clearly some three rooms away. I check my email every five minutes on days like this. I filed all of the green folders. I wonder if it is worth it to write down on a timesheet the fact that I wrote up a letter for someone (took me less than a minute; I'm not exaggerating).

I got a new discman yesterday. It's a Sony. I prefer Panasonic, that is for sure, but the Sony has some super cool features like display on the remote (although that is the only display), and rechargeable batteries that look like a couple sticks of Juicy Fruit gum.

I love Punch-Drunk Love (still), and I love that my neighbourhood feels like a neighbourhood. Karen invited me to a dinner thing on Saturday, and I am seriously considering it. I am trying to do a Summer Concert Series in which I attend a bunch of concerts just because I know someone who is going. Although, I am finding money to be getting tighter and tighter. Not certain if I am going to be able to take the second half of the summer semester (I have a week to figure out my finances). So it'll probably be dinner unless Grae wants to pay my way to the show.

No comments: