Monday, June 02, 2003

The Weekend in Review:


Friday:

I worked late Friday and sold little. It was very slow at work. I also found out that since my computer department is fusing with the Personal Electornics department, that I will be losing a huge chunk of my base salary, relying on the higher profitablilty of P.E. to make up the difference. However I did calculations and found that if I were to have had the exact same month as I did this month under the new salary structure, I would make nearly $300 less, and Tim would make over $300 less than he otherwise would have. Also, even if we were to have been paid entirely in P.E.
and none in computers we still would have made less. Fuckers.

After work I was supposed to go to a movie with a friend who will remain unnamed. Once again, I got the shaft and it was cancelled last minute. "Her boyfriend wasn't into seeing a movie." Honestly, I have no idea why I try sometimes. Henceforth only minimal effort will be put into that relationship, since it is obvious that no effort I give will be reciprocated.

Saturday:

Worked during the day, and found out that Conan's going away party was at the same time as my friend's Keg Party: That very night. Work sucked.

Got a lift from my man Nate, in his kick-ass truck of doom, to the party.

It was a wicked kegger, I got right drunk. And then the bong was passed around a bit. Yikes. So I was talking to a group of people when Bob approaches me and says that my presence was needed.. I follow him to the washroom were I find Corinne passed out in Rachael's arms on the bathroom floor. It was a little too much for my current state I must say, and Rachael gave me the most disapproving motherly look. Eventually we get Corinne upstairs, but thats when she started puking (well more like spitting and foaming as she hadn't eaten in a whole day). I watch her making sure she doesn't fall back onto her back and choke to death, but eventually start puking as well. (I probably wouldn't have if it weren't for a 1/2 hour of watching Corinne do it, an exerting much effort in getting her up to the bucket.) We almost took her to the hospital (much props to Gareth and Mike for your help) but at the last minute she showed positive signs (as you can read in her post).

Good Times.

Sunday.

Slept in and answered many calls concerning Corinne's well-being. As Andrew called in sick Corinne and I went to Ozzy Osbourne. Definately the most metal show I have ever been too. Voivod was awful, except the epic last song. Finger Eleven was great, lots of stage energy (their guitarist jumped more than any guitarist I have ever seen...), pretty good songs, but the crowd were there to see Ozzy. And Ozzy, well he's old. He shuffled across the stage like an old geezer, and yelled "I can't fucking hear you" over and over again. He was backed by some awseome musicians (including former Metallica, and current Voivod bassist Jason Newstead) and played alot of recognizable tracks. There were a few Black Sabbath tracks played which really was all I was was there for. (He played Paranoid as the last song of the encore). It was fun, what with the box seats, the free food, free beer and all.

No comments: