Wednesday, June 04, 2003

As I said, Saturday June 7th would be a quiet movie night; Mike has offered his extensive library and home theatre to the occasion. So it's been moved to Coquitlam at Mike's place. I know a lot of you are unavailable or out of town or otherwise busy, but that should work out perfectly because Mike was muttering something about keeping the numbers down. Ideally, I would love to do a Takashi Miike-a-thon movie run, but Mike has so many movies that we'll probably do a couple Takashis and see from there. I was thinking 7:30pm we can all meet up there. I'll try to be early. If you are thinking you may come drop me a line so I can get back to Mike about the interest levels.

Mock prom still looks like it's going ahead as planned on the 14th.

The Night Market has started and a few of us were thinking of going down on Friday June 13th (FRIDAY THE 13th!) grabbing dinner at the No. 9 and some bubble tea afterwards. Gimme a heads up if you're interested.

Other events this coming June involve going to 2 Fast 2 Furious on June 10th (to pay cheaper prices, same movie), still in Burnaby.

I haven't heard back from any of you about going to Seattle for the day on June 16th (Monday) and seeing Alkaline Trio in the evening. Tickets are still available online.

Starting this month will also be Monday Matinee Madness, as a lot of us seem to have fallen into having Mondays (or more) off of work or school. Tinseltown shows first run (and sometimes really obscure awesome) movies for $4.75 for the first show of the day on Mondays. I'll try to update on Saturdays what movie we will watch that Monday.

Wednesday nights is the SFU film society's screening of free movies. I'm going to try to make the 7pm shows more often, and occasionally the 4:30pm showings (as the early show limits my opportunities to have lunch with my brother). The film society's website has all the details, in case you haven't been harassed by them already.

I think that is all I can think of and I hope that covers all the events for the next month. I'll keep you posted on other events, sure enough.

Edit: the film society has had to discontinue their practice; if you are interested in any attending movies for free email me.

No comments: