Friday, June 06, 2003

Friday Audio Day

Moral Straightjacket by Farside. It's more upbeat.

Grae made me a mixed tape many many years ago with this as one of the tracks on it. I thought it was supercool. The opening lines were "It's getting late. I know that you're in your bed/And as much as I would like to join you/I'll be staying home instead." which at the time made me all blushy and stuff at 17 years old (guh... that was a long time ago). The tape became overplayed, and with cassette tapes that get over played, the sound broke down to almost an underwater quality, and admittedly it was worse for my favourite songs that I would rewind to hear again if I had gotten distracted (which I often mentally am). Fast forward five or so years. Situations blazing left right and centre in my life, problems here, activities there, adventures all over the place, and this song shed a lot of light on another's possible perceptions of one of the many situations. It actually fell back in my lap in the other's presence at a time when it was most needed, least expected.

I'm sorry for the vagueness, but those that know, will hear the song, know the time and know its entirety.

Fast forward two years, this song now holds so many intense emotions for me many of them "first" feelings, and has a great feeling of resistance of temptations--something our youth commands of us that our age denies us.

No comments: