Tuesday, July 15, 2003

*Wipes Krispy Kreme Donut goo from face *

Just lounging on my second of two days off. Should be cleaning, repairing the damage the fleas hve wrought, and preparing the house for the liver destruction party. Alas, we are very uninspired to do so. We got off to a good start, cleaning the bedroom and living room to some extent, but thats about it. I did by more dish detergent and quarters for laundry, so it might be poosible that we get a little more done today. I work best under pressure, so I imagine the house will be done Saturday, about 5min after guests arrive.

Corinne has put me in charge of the mp3 friday postings, so stay tuned for that as I plan to unleash a little musical mayhem. On this note I figured I'd give you all a review of one of the newest albums I picked up. (Actually, Jym at work got me a play copy, so much props to him.) The album in question is the new NOFX album "The War on Errorism." First off, I have to say that the last few NOFX albums have left me rather unimpressed. That being said, this album definately blows them out of the water. It seems to have more of a purpose than the last few. It has been said that "Nothing provokes good punk rock like a republican in the white house", and this album proves this adage to be true. NOFX, never much of a political band (with the exception of "The Decline" and a couple token tracks) have put out a much more political album than they ever have. Tracks such as "The Irrationality of Rationality," "Franco Un-American" and "American Errorist" showcase this new found political side. They also seem to be keen on criticizing the punk scene ("The Separation of Church and Skate" and "Medio-core") and introding the kids to new bands with tales of their roots. ("We Got Two Jealous Agains" and "13 Stitches"). There still some of the traditional fun NOFX songs thrown there too, with "She's Nubs" being a tribute to a punk rock amputee (a cute, yet wacky track, no doubt) and "Mattersville" which is about a gated punk rock community where they all live. (The line about Davey Havok is classic.). All in all, a nice, complete package, with some nice extra computer stuff thrown in. (Which feature a live video of "Ignorant son of an asshole." filmed at the Warped Tour in Vancouver last year. Woot) It's nice to see that they haven't lost their edge, and that seem honestly concerned with the state of things today, rather than just making a buck, which is how it seemed with their last few albums.

I don't think I will need to eat for a few days, what with all the meat, and donuts I've eaten in the last 24 hours.

No comments: