Wednesday, July 23, 2003

"Clubhouse Summer"

This is the tentative title for the August 16th gathering at the Clubhouse. Grae wanted the theme to be summer, however, with Duke's latest invitation I think I may want to switch the theme into one of a few that have been bouncing around.

The first being a scavenger hunt. In one sense, a bunch of you just did one earlier this year (where the hell was I, and why on earth did I have to miss this!?) and doing another one might just be overkill so soon. Plus I'd think a daytime scavenger hunt would be more fun and since both Clubhouse kids work on Saturdays, it would have to be a Sunday. Which may be done for September. At least that will be far enough from the last one, and still warm enough if it runs into the evening. May need to do it Polaroid style or digital camera style. Instant photographs rather than bringing stuff back (although...).

Another is the Sorority initiation. But I honestly think that this is another during-the-day kind of thing, as well as it should be left up to the Sorority House to host it... But I'm soooo excited for a mammoth food fight (and children in Africa are starving).

Grae's for summer costumes, so maybe some kind of costume themed party is in order (with prizes, of course). I just can't think of anything right now, and giving people 3 1/2 weeks to put together a costume (that isn't everyday wardrobe) might be unfair.
I will be sending out an email regarding all of this once everything is posted and sorted on here.

No comments: