Friday, July 25, 2003

MP3 Friday

Today's MP3 is an odd find. I have no idea where it was released, label, album or what-have-you. I imagine it fairly recently, but it is on none of the participating artists' most recent albums. It is called "Embarassed" and is performed by Slug (from Atmosphere), Eyedea (a slug protege), and Sage Francis. Each of these MCs individually, are among my favorites. Eyedea has some amazing mic skills for one fairly new to the game, Slug's delivery here isn't his best (but even so, is still better than most), and Sage always kills. I'm not sure who its produced by, but it's got a laid-back summer kind of feel that matches well with the various MC's deliveries. Enjoy this track, and if you like it you should definitely check out their individual efforts. (Although I imagine you might find Sage Francis to be quite different than this when you check his album out; it still rocks.)


No comments: