Friday, July 18, 2003

So the sisters need an initiation. Be assured since Karen is a women studies major and I am taking a Geography of Gender course next term, we are fully accepting of our trans and female-identified sisters. However I am using my veto on latin intials. I feel it is better to be known as The Sorority and if we must have latin, have a latin phrase which can be any bit of rude Roman graffiti you like but I just can not handle the alpha beta crap. I am not sure when an initiation can be arranged. I will have to figure out when the Morgans are having the family b-day events (ie perhaps the weedend in between my b-day and mums which is the same weekend between Karen's and mine, but we will figure something out). Also I would like to know if we are arranging any events around the fireworks. Last year for my Birthday we went as a group. We could go again (not necessarily for my b-day but as a secular event so to speak) but this time we will make a better effort to be organized and actually meet up together at the fireworks.
So my mother phones me and says she has something to ask me. She starts describing how they now have the Bard in the Beach as the Bard in the Vineyard in Kelowna and how they have wine tasting and a nice meal with the play and how she and her friend are going up the weekend before my B-day. So I start thinking ooh I'm getting a great treat for my birthday and then she asks: Could you catsit for me that weekend? :(

No comments: