Friday, July 18, 2003

MP3 Friday

Well, it's that time again, MP3 Friday, and Corinne has given me the power (and reponsibility) of choosing an MP3 for you all to check out. The winner this week is going to be A track called "Head Gone Vertical" by Atom and His Package. I would have chosen one his songs with a wackier song title, but I didn't want to go looking for more songs, so I figured I'd post a song I had easily accessable. Atom is an ex-punk rocker whose band left him, and he now tours with just an instrument known as 'his package' a synth of some kind now, it used to be just a cdplayer. He writes very personal songs (personal perhaps to the point of absurdity) with very catchy hooks. You might find his voice takes a little getting used to. Also check out his webpage, it has some pretty funny stuff: Hate Mail (mostly about a song of his in support of Rob Halford's coming out, which Metal fans took as his calling Halford 'gay') and incorrect lyrics submitted. Check it out, it's fun, and he's cool.

No comments: