Thursday, December 18, 2003

Top Tenish of Corinne (so far)

Top Ten Album Releases of 2003 that I am currently into.
This means that there are other albums I probably liked better over the span of the year, but these are what I'm liking right now.

10. Yo La Tengo - "Today is the Day!" [EP]
9. Dashboard Confessional - "A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar"
8. Hey Mercedes - "Loses Control"
7. Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning
6. Spoon - "Way We Get By" (cheating here. this has a whole bunch of stuff previously released on 2002 "Kill the Moonlight" but I really like it)
5. Postal Service - "Give Up"
4. New Amsterdams - "Worse For the Wear"
3. Various Artists - "Punk Goes Acoustic"
2. Thursday - "War All the Time"
1. Radiohead - "Hail to the Theif"

Top Six Groups I've Developed Greater Interest in 2003

6. Saybia. Not specatacular, but a balance between Travis ("The Man Who" era) and Starsailor ("Love is Here" era). Thanks Christian for the CD.
5. They Might Be Giants. "Gigantic: A Tale of Two Johns" was a really neat eye-opener of a band I've loved since their Tiny Toons days.
4. Spoon. Caught a video of theirs on The Wedge and got inspired. This almost never happens.
3. Alkaline Trio. Two shows later, it's hard not to have grown.
2. Sigur Rós. How I didn't grab on and suffocate these guys earlier, I may never know.
1. Radiohead. You can't have enough of a good thing. And the recent battle with EMI Copy Control ensured that there was growth... of some sort.

Tomorrow: Movies!

No comments: