Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Keeping the Liquid Stocked

Dear Decemberweenites,

In response to the dwindling semi-open bar that Grae and I have had over the years, the Clubhouse has sought out a system for an open bar. After much debate and discussion, with Grae wanting everyone to bring mickeys (I just learned that this is a Canadian term and not an international one!) to share with everyone. I felt that it would be an unfair cost burden for those not wanting to drink a whole 375mL of hard liquor and that we'd end up with a pile of the cheapest spirit available (whatever that might be). Gareth suggested we make death punch. Everyone brings a mickey and 2L of juice. Any alcohol, any juice, and combine it into a gigantic cooler which everyone gets to drink out of. While the results may be amusing, many people weren't up for it. Finally, I came up with this idea which still puts the bulk of the cost burden on me, but still has the open bar feel that Grae wanted.

1. I am going to fork out about $125 for alcohol. Giant vats of rum and vodka for all. I will also open up the liquor cabinet with other items to mix. If your weapon of choice was either of these, feel free to partake in the Clubhouse pool of liquor.

2. I will take requests for alcohol until this Friday. If there are more than three people requesting a mixer I'll pay for that as well (within reason, of course). Updates will be online and emailed to those who requested the alcohol.

3. If you are interested in bringing a type of spirit that mixes with other alcohols, we can add it to the bar, and take the cost off your donation.

Please bring some dollar bills or coins for donations towards the alcohol to help cover the cost. The idea is to have an open bar, let's be responsible.

I'll try to have the basic mixers such as cola, O.J. and milk on hand. If you want anything else, bring it along.

This is still a byob if the hard stuff is not for you.

Seeyas Saturday.

No comments: