Thursday, December 04, 2003

field trip itinerary

okay ladies and germs... this is what I have tentatively slated for the weekend of the Great Canadian Invasion. I'm going to try to weasel out of at least some of my work, will probably settle for going in 10am sunday, enough time for us to go get a kickass breakfast somewhere (TBA).

there are several things we should attempt:

pub crawl. at least old pequliar, my neighborhood irish pub up the street. they have strongbow on tap, pool, darts, live music of varying talent. there are several other pubs within walking distance as well.

ice cream. cold stone ice creamery serves quite possibly the best ice cream on the planet. it's better than sex. I think.

karaoke. I just learned that the hostest with the mostest for karaoke wednesday nights also hosts fridays and saturdays as well. I'll try to convince some of the regulars to brave the weekend crowds for some terrible singin' and overpriced drinkin' at everyone's favourite it's-not-great-but-the-food-isn't-bad-either-mexican restaurant...

meals. there's a really good sushi place right around the corner. there's a not quite as good but also very affordable sushi place a short drive away. (I like sushi). there's pho up the street. there's good thai (including a place called "phuket") and pizza by the slice up on queen anne. there's all sorts of international fare in the u district. we can decide where to eat when everyone gets here. plenty of options.

archie mcphee. this is mecca for all of you who collect crap. a brisk walk from my apartment, this store is the originator of the rubber chicken and pink lawn flamingo. the most fantabulous collection of crap you'll ever find.

if we get truly desperate, there are always cool indie movies playing all over seattle. good way to kill a couple of hours. there will be a midnight showing of monty python and the holy grail at the egyptian theatre if that would be preferable to a full night of karaoke.

there may be other goings on as well. I'm thinking a trip over to the soundgarten might be kinda cool, but it involves a lot of walking. we'll discuss later.

I must apologise that I won't be the bestest host that weekend. I'll have to work saturday until around 2 or 3pm. I'll also have to work sunday, but as I mentioned, I will make arrangements with my boss to show up late. this will leave less than 24 actual hours of quality christian time, but my home is open to you all for the entire weekend. I'll make arrangements with corinne and graeme at decemberween so you guys will have access to my place before I get home, if you arrive early. you can also crash out here late sunday if you'd like, after I've gone to work. just make sure paul doesn't molest my cat...

No comments: