Saturday, December 06, 2003

I hate Ken Eisner, LOTR >confirmation< and the first official BYOB movie night l

Ken Eisner fucking sucks. If you donèt who Ken Eisner is (why the fuck canèt i use a comma on a eMac, bastards. Must spell like Data speaks, not like Lore) he is a columnist for the Georgia Straight and Variety and is a renter at Videomatica. During the week he tried to pawn off a bunch of his crap to the store (some not so legal will not get into specific on a public forum, we will just say Jack Valenti would not be too happy with him or us) one of which was a copy of Suicide Club which we could not buy off him (for unmentionable reasons) so I asked whether he could give me this DVD for free since he got all this crap for free. He said five bucks. I was insulted he went down to four. I offered three. He balked now i do not have a copy of Suicide Club, a movie i have seen and was not impressed by it however many people i know and many reviewers have gone on and on about its brilliance and i want to give another chance. Now that whole thing is whatever. >correction due to my poor fact checking skills (note to everyone I'm usually full of shit and most of my wordly knowledge comes from movies and comics [but lately the CBC and google news has been rectifying that]) LOTR:EE are playing in Vancouver at the Capitol 6. I'm trying switch shifts so i can go Monday night or afternoon seeing as the rest of my week is booked. Can't go sunday because of laundry and the following announcement. correction end<

Enough of that bullshit. This Sunday is the first whenever we feel like (maybe every third sunday) BYOB movie night. Movies of no socially redeeming value that will promise gore, nudity, bad dubbing, no budgets which equals fun for us. Venues (well living rooms) will change to whichever place is convenient. But remember liquor, drugs and sugar are a must or maybe a good sense of humour about these things. Anyways this sunday is:

HITMAN with Sonny Chiba. It is called Hitman and Sonny Chiba is in it do you need more of an incentive.

VIOLENT SHIT III - Infantry of Doom: A no budget, shot on VHS crapfest until a half hour through when you realize all the money they had has put towards the gore makeup. With Aluminum Foil armour and Ninjas for no good reason. A must see.

Come around Sevenish with mood alterers and a sense of humour.
So that is it. Sorry for the stupid rant. I could have got into more but A:) My grievance was pretty lame and B:) it was just taking up too much space. Anyways I go bed now. Brain getting foggy.

P.S. Corrine I can get you those work of Directors series through the store now for around twenty bucks. Give a holler if you want me to order them.

No comments: