Monday, December 15, 2003

Doughnut-o-Matic and Other Oddities

All went well on Saturday (that I recall. I went down sometime in the morning).

The Doughnut-o-Matic was a concotion of 1/2 Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut, a scoop of Vanilla ice cream, 1 1/2 oz. of Banana liqueur, 3/4 oz. of vermouth and about a cup and a half of milk. Mix in blender until smooth. Pour into cup and serve.
I was commanded to make a drink with a doughnut in it. After whipping up martinis for Pey and Kev, I got set to work on the drink. I didn't want to make it too strong so as to take alcohol from others hoping to drink (although, this did not turn out too be a problem) as it was still early. The banana liqueur seemed to be too unusual that people would be hitting it straight, so I went for that and the vermouth (as I had just used some for the 'tinis).

Early Xmas gifts included a really cool Invader Zim pen ("Invader Zim? What's that?" "I don't get it" "I'll show you!"), and even though I paid for it, I got a copy of the Suicide Club DVD. Joy! I can't wait to screen Suicide Club to those unknowing of its powers of absurdity!

Other than the uncontrolled vomiting of Decemberween (the TRUE theme for the night), things went really smoothly as people experimented with their alcohol tolerence levels.

The mistletoe got some action (... I guess it's easier to accept a kiss for a girl than to stand under it all night in hopes that a girl will notice... or something), which was part of some plan. I also ended up licking Gareth's tongue on a "you woudn't" kind of dare. After that I don't recall a lot.

Happy Birthday was sung to the two lactose-intolerant artificial redheads during the screening of Wild Zero drinking game and Invader Zim in the bedroom. Gamerween ended extremely early, after starting extremely early. Slumberween was just a matter of people passing out in their pyjamas. Lesson to be learned: stick to one theme and maybe add a birthday or two.

Almost everyone who said that they were coming did not show up, and many more who said nothing made appearences (which was really, really cool to see a lot of old faces).

New Year's has still not been settled, although Pey was offering her place which sleeps 12 (plus other floor spaces, I assume). That will make 3 half-made New Year's parties, and I'll be sure to choose wisely.

That's my run down.

No comments: