Monday, August 18, 2003

Recent Goings On. (AKA: My Weekend)

Friday:

I worked late but still had time to party! My co-worker Dave invited me out to go drinking with him. We hit his friends house for a bit where I met a couple of friends of his. (I only remember Chris's name since I kept thinking that Corinne would find him cute.) After that we hit the Cambie for a couple of drinks and to meet up with a couple of his other friends, including this one girl with a back piercing! We briefly hit a pizza place before wandering by the Bourbon. Interestingly, the pizza place was next to a club where there was a shooting all of two hours later, woot! The Bourbon has changed dramatically from what it used to be like; there's now a line up and a crowd of under-20 frat types with HI-NRG crap piping on to the dance floor. We didn't bother entering, but met a few people there (including Liz, a girl I hadn't seen since highschool who was the best friend of my ex, Lindy *shudder*) , and moved quickly to the Cobalt to see the Ripcordz and meet up with Raylene and crew. We got in just in time to catch the Ripcordz. They were a lot of fun and really got the pit going hardcore, although they weren't the brightest band out there. ("This songs about Beer!" "This song is about the revolution!" "This songs is about girls in the pit, it's called 'Girls in the Pit'" "This song is about the pit!") It was good to see Ray, Danielle, Colin, Rachel, Dan and Andrea again. Ray's boy was there and I somehow managed not to actually meet him. We also ran into a bunch of Dave's friends there and we all wandered back to the drive together. Good people, Good fun, nicely toasted, good times.

Saturday:

Met our new supervisor at work, she seems like a nice person, and possibly a good supervisor. (Not that she will be my supe for long, 'natch!) I felt pretty hardcore as my sales numbers are unusually strong this month and she was pretty impressed. Yay, me!

Sunday:

I picked up a set of blue coveralls at Value Village which are now my official party gear! We went to the Sorority House for a party (Nicely sumarized by Corinne). It was good times. I think I got official party brat status, what with my mock drumming, goofy appearence, and matress acrobatics. I can't believe Karen battled Sage Francis in Chicago! That is so very cool!


Monday:

Today I cleaned. Rachel and Raylene showed up and we watched Sorority Boys. *shudder* Actually it wasn't as bad as I had expected and it did have a dildo fight scene and lots of boobies. Later on, I watched Waking Life which was really really cool. Beautiful and thought-provoking. The art was so amazing, not only capturing the feel of dreaming, but one could also imagine that you could take a still capture of almost every frame and it would be an individual piece of art. I really enjoyed it.

I also read the rest of the comic: Transmetropolitan. It's a very entertaining look at celebrity, the press, social stratisfication, and politics. It had about a 60 issue run, and is brilliantly written, and drawn. The characters are all very real and fleshed out quite well, and it ends on a really interesting note. I also like the fact that it is pretty much one major story arch.

Recent listenings include the KRS-ONE, Poison the Well, and Anatomy of a Ghost.

No comments: