Friday, August 08, 2003

MP3 Friday

Hey there, you'll have to wait until tommorow to download the MP3 that'll be up, but I might as well give you some idea as to what'll be there. It'll be track by the band Hella who I saw on Monday. I think they are my new favorite band. Consisting of only guitar and drums they build epic and complex arrangements that seem to have an emotional intensity to them. The drummer is out of this world, and the guitarist and him have an amazing chemistry to them. I've heard them compared to Primus sans bass, but I think that that does them a major disservice as they lack the cheesy kitsch that makes Primus amusing rather than meaningful, although they do have the complexity of musicianship. Sorry about the wait (although I have no idea if anyone actually downloads any of these anyways), but I'll put it up tommorow.


Thanks, Excelsior!

No comments: