Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Back to School

Well, my first day is over and I can now officially say that I am back in school. Here's a rundown of the first day:

Corinne had to get up at like 6:30 or so, which was a little brutal. I slept through my alarm and thus did not have time for breakfast, a meal that I have traditionally neglected but recently have felt the need to make an effort for. I didn't have my u-pass yet so I had to pay for the bus, but luckily all my connections ran quite nicely.

I got to school and promptly began what was to be a long process of waiting in multiple lines. I got my keys to the department and office ($40 later), my u-pass, my student card, and found out the prices of my books. *shudder* I will be ordering some of my books through amazon. I spent some time hanging out with those that I know already in the department (Michela, Kevin, Hartline, Scott, etc..). I was actually quite surprised how many people I know up there, which was nice. I had no classes of my own but had to go to the lecture of the class I will be TAing. Also, I had a brief meeting with the prof of that course to find out when I will be TAing and that kind of thing. One of fellow TA's is named Zoltan, so Michela has dubbed him the 'Wizard.' We also came up with a new slang term for really boring class: BWOC. It stands for "Burning Web of Coma." It origiated from the website of some norwegian death metal band that Michela's boyfriend reviewed once.

One thing I have noticed about going back, is that I feel so much older now. Everyone there seems so young, lke highschool age, and such. Its kind of scary.



I listened to the new From Autumn to Ashes and Avenged Sevenfold CDs today, and I have yet to make my official determinations about them. FATA now sound like scandanavian metal meets newer AFI (rather than like their last album which sounded like Scandanavian metal meets Sunny Day Real Estate). Avenged Sevenfold sound similar but with more Scorpions and Warrant influences. It is also produced worse.

No comments: