Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Who's Your Mommy?

The Onion wrote a great article about "getting caught" writing on the web.

And it made me think how unphased I'd be if my mother found this website, but there are a whole slew of people online that I would not want to stumble across this and become avid readers.

On one forum, I keep my personal life very quiet from the lot, or at least am very selective as to what I am willing to put out there. At least I know that I can safely block IP Addresses if I develop a rabid reader from the forum.

The other is my last employer (or at least half of my last employer). I don't have the luxury of IP banning, as it would block former co-workers from reading at work (and that's not something I want to discourage).

Anyway, I am genuinely curious as to who you would not want to know about your day-to-day.

No comments: