Saturday, November 15, 2003

"The Man"

In Criminology 101 we are being taught how evil corporations are and how the businesses are making the poor suffer through various means including penalizing them for being poor (i.e. Ontario Safe Streets Act made panhandling illegal). This is the entire course. It is all about how every marginalized group suffers at the hands of the white, male, capitolist, majority. That's the entire course.

And then I brought up my academic goal of becoming an international (globalization=bad) business (capitolism=bad) lawyer (bad). And a couple girls suggested that I would be a good lawyer and donate my services to make sure that the poor were not victimized any further. And I replied that I would have nothing to do with that side of the law at all. I am going to become "The Man".

I'm a horrible, horrible person. That's going to be my final paper for the term: "My Dream to Become 'The Man' is Bad".

No comments: