Tuesday, November 11, 2003

More serious than we usually get here, sorry.

Hey all.

I just found out that one of my dearest friends has one, maybe two months left to live. I'm coping and dealing with it, but it is still very upsetting, so bear with me if I'm snappy for a little bit.

For those of you who have been to the occasional SCA event, or just had to listen to stories until you're sick of it, the friend in question is Baron Gerhard Kendal, the man who, with his wife Amanda, ran the Vancouver branch of the SCA for over 25 years. I've known him since I was 16 years old, and he and his wife have always been examples to me of how I want to be when I "grow up".

I took the day off work today to deal with it...after I snapped at my boss for trying to guilt me into coming into work he seemed to decide he didn't want to see how I'd treat customers...(sigh)

Just needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.

No comments: