Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Addition to Decemberween: Part II. The Gaming Den.

Decided that Decemberween is going to be all the parties I wanted to have but didn't have time to in 2003.

Decemberween will be the standard party, still. A hybrid of Liver Destruction and some other party of some sort that the Clubhouse hosted at some point. Of note: Kat's birthday is the next day and we will be celebrating with cake, as well.

Slumberween will still occur, but I am thinking of altering the 1am and afterwards section. All that jammie and make-up stuff will still be there, but I want to offer an alternative to those (like myself) with whom make-up and stuff doesn't blend well with (even with the offer to be pampered by hoards of giggling jammied girls).

To stick with the theme, there will also be a Gamerween (okay, it's hit the point of absurdity). I'd like to set up both TVs and a bunch of games (like multiplayers, antiques, classics, and *possibly* new releases and of course: Nuts & Milk-- it's okay Mariko, there are no ingestition of milk OR nuts) after 1am. This will restrict the location of girly stuff as well as create a logistical issue with the Christian Slater movie in that it must be a DVD... Or not at all.

There are four things I miss the most since going back to school:
1. My friends. I knew this would take a dive if only because I wouldn't see Rae every day.
2. Social events en mass with alcohol. Oh, sure, there have been a few this year, but there is definitely a drop in these and an increased need/demand.
3. Gaming. Sweet, sweet video games, how I miss you and my consumerist ways.
4. My mind. All my thoughts are devoted to what school wants me to think about (like John Berger). It'd be nice to think again.

Hopefully I can flood this out of my system come December 13 (which I should clarify that all three 'weens are occuring on that night).

No comments: