Wednesday, September 13, 2006

So long, and thanks for all the fish/karaoke...

I'm on my way out in an hour or two, flying through Hong Kong and then on to Bangkok. This summer was too damn short... ate some fine food, sang some fine songs (usually pretty badly) and maybe even did a little drinking. I'll miss you all, and I'll be back in a year, maybe a bit less. If homesickness strikes hard, I might take a short vacation home at some point, but only if finance allows.

A new blog will appear very soon either here or here, but I haven't decided which yet, and I've been too consumed with pre-trip prep that I haven't started posting. This will be a more permanent blog, since folks are apparently getting sick of me changing them every six months. Should I have two blogs? (i.e. one my grandma can read, and another where Christian can comment all he wants about prepubescent prostitutes?) Probably a good idea...

OK, I'm off to bond with my parents for my remaining hour. Y'all have a good time, and don't let the karaoke trend die - I'll be practicing in Thailand if the opportunity arises. Toodles!

P.S. I'll make sure to get high-speed internet in Chiang Mai, so I'll be a bit more of a web presence than I was the last couple of trips.

4 comments:

christian said...

I'll just have to be obnoxious on both of them, to be on the safe side.

Paul said...

I'm here. More to follow.

KJ_Duke said...

9 out of 10 Grandmas agree that Christian is a polite and thoughtful young man!

No but seriously, we'll miss you and we'll also dedicate every song we do on the 27th to you. That's our "the worst song I've ever heard" night at karaoke...keep in touch!

Karen said...

I'll miss you Paul (well I'll miss your hot tub... no, no, I'll miss icecream too.. tee hee).
Sorry I didn't get the chance to see you in Ottawa.. would have been nice.
Keep in touch yo. I'll do the same yo.