Friday, September 08, 2006

MOVIE NIGHT is still here dammit!

With Brendan gone the next few weeks I've had to suspend the programming I've been looking forward to because, well, I don't want him to miss out on it. Can I honestly do a blaxploitation night with Brendan not here? I think not. So I'm doing something rather lazy. I'm programming by label. This week; SUBVERSIVE CINEMA. This interview with Norm Hill, one of the founders of Subversive, from 2004 will give a bit of background and history into the label. Again too lazy and/or exhausted to summarize (fuck we're doing summary next class. FUCKING FIRST YEAR ENGLISH!!!! DAMN MY NEED OF IT!!!!). Funny hearing Norm giving huge props to Anchor Bay and now two years later labels like his, BLUE UNDERGROUND, DARK SKY, having coincidently enraged bootleg collectors out of being uber-cult, have outshone Anchor Bay with their transcendently remastered transfers of obscure classics while Anchor Bay churns out 80s tv shows, work out DVDs (well they always have, so whatever about that...), children shows and DAWN OF THE DEAD again and again and again. Oh wait Anchor Bay does have Masters of Horror.......yep.....Masters of Horror......that's another two paragraphs I'm too lazy to write. Speaking of laziness check out these descriptions.

Sun. Sep. 10



7:30pm The Candy Snatchers (1973): Gnarly kidnapping movie. What? want more description? Go to the Subversive website link up above. The trailer's on the site.



9:30 pm The Witch Who Came from the Sea (1976): Millie Perkins likes to castrate. Again trailered on Subversive's website. I missed this one at Cinemuerte a few years back. Now I'll rectify that.



Oh yeah I have a new number 778-866-1089. I might even be late so now you can yell at me if I'm not there or the doorbell's still not working.

Next week: Mondo Macabro maybe, Yet another post-apocalyptic night, Cute asian girl movies. I don't know. We'll see.

No comments: