Friday, September 22, 2006

Now that's what I call culture: Movie night and so much more

Now before I get into this sunday's goodness I just want to remind people JACKASS NUMBER TWO opens today! I totally forgot about til I opened up the Straight. I'm thinking the 9:50pm show at the Paramount, and hey we'll probably get to watch drunk frat boys try to copy the stunts after the movie. Who's down?

B&B Presents: RollerMADNESS!

Sun. Sep.24/06



7pmRoll Bounce (2005): Well you have a typical coming of age story set against a roller skating competition in the 70s (so great music) and CHARLIE MURPHY! Don't forget Nick Cannon, he's hilarious.



9pm Kansas City Bomber (1972): When the fuck is the Vancouver Roller Derby league gonna start up! Last I heard they were having trouble getting insurance for their players. BOOOO! Anyways roller derby, Raquel Welch wearing tight shirts, that just may show a bit of cleavage, beating the shit out of other girls while wearing rollerskates. My head swoons with delight.

and possibly an AFTERHOURS showing of Miike's episode of Masters of Horror, IMPRINT. For those who haven't downloaded it months. Like myself.

Next week: Blaxploitation classics.

AND NOW UPCOMING SHOWS

Ok I have tickets to LADYTRON on Oct. 14 (where I'll dance like a middle aged gay man at the Pet Shop Boys farewell concert) and DETROIT COBRAS on the following Monday and I want to spend those times with you. Regarding the Cobras, I've just found out how musically ignorant I am, since finding out they're a cover band. Albeit a cover band with their own great rockin' sound. So if anyone is interested in doing the Cha-cha twist with me come along. Also note, the near pleading tone comes from the fact that the only person I know going is someone I have a huge crush on and she has a boyfriend. Help me not flip out. Oh yes SOUTHERN CULTURE ON THE SKIDS is coming to town on Nov.16. One of the funnest live acts still around that I have yet to see (and I've hardly seen any, so that's a whole lot of potential funness).

Ugh sleep sentence construction difficult. Work soon. blahhhh.

4 comments:

Owen said...

Lauren and I also have tickets to Ladytron, though we were slated to go camping that weekend as well. We haven't decided how things will pan out yet, but the possibility that 2 tickets will become available in th enear future is good. Reply if interested.

Corinne said...

Man, I loved Roll Bounce.

I have an engagement dinenr that night, so I cannot make it until much later.

Also, I would like to get out on the town soon, so maybe the Ladytron plans might be an idea.

Owen said...

Confirmed. 2 tickets to Ladytron available. I'll be camping my ass off. I'll also eat the cost of the ticketbastard fees, clocking each ticket in at $25.

Corinne said...

Sufjan wins.