Monday, October 27, 2003

Of parties and costumes and girly drinks...

Okay, that was the most entertaining Hallowe'en party I've been to in ages...

The He-Man and She-Ra costumes were outstanding...and made more so, in my eyes, by the fact that in grade four I was She-Ra for Hallowe'en, and Sophie was the only other person I've ever seen wear that costume (I should really dig up a pic and scan it in). Then, to boot, she pulled out the "Coat hanger of Doom" as her Hallowe'en decoration...it had little kleenex ghosts hung all over it...once again, very grade-school...it made me happy!

I also greatly enjoyed the realization that Paul was more finicky about his makeup and wanted to touch it up more often than any woman I've ever met...

I'm so ticked off that I didn't get a picture of Chris in his Ringwraith costume. I tried, but alas, he and Korrine had left...(Argh) If anyone got one, please post it/send me a copy...it was beautiful. Also Korinne had the cutest little wings...I must see if Dressew has any left...little black batty wings with sparkley red accents. I just want a pair to dress up my winter coat with.

Watching Harry Potter shotgun a beer (albeit very poorly, managing to get more beer on his friends than in himself) was a slightly mentally scaring experience. Watching him repeatedly make homo-erotic suggestions to Paul was a wee bit creepy as well, I'll admit. I think it made Bobs costume the scariest there, in my eyes. He should have gone out and terrorised small children.

Hey, what a great pedophile costume that would be!

"Are you Harry Potter?"

"Why yes...come over here and I'll show you my 'Magic Wand'."

I must also issue a public apology to Rachel for being a century off in my estimation of her costumes time period. I'm really only good at guessing the century of pre-16th century clothes. She seemed so upset with me...

And, to close, I found the most awesome girly drink...WKD. It's a bright blue vodka cooler that tastes like a blue freezie with a hint of citrus. It's a really low percentage (5.5%) but was very yummy and you can get a nice little buzz off the four pack.

That's all for now. Toodles!







No comments: