Thursday, July 13, 2006

Upcoming concerts

These days I've been trying to save money more, but here are two shows I'll regret passing up, especially if someone here wants to join in. I'll be picking up tix at one of those record stores real soon, probably Friday or Saturday.

OF MONTREAL
(been on sale for weeks but I've been slacky-pantsed getting around to it...hope they're still available)
Friday Sept 1, Plaza Club
$20.75 + s/c

SUFJAN STEVENS
(should sound great with strings and horns...plus he's the handsomest man on the Christian indie rock scene)
Saturday Oct 14, St. Andrew's Wesley Church
$27.00 + s/c

7 comments:

Corinne said...

Handsomest man you say?

Irrational said...

Bear in mind "In the Christian indie rock scene."

Corinne said...

Christians are starting to score points with me with the fear of God, confessions and their desire to behave, even if it's merely for the purpose of a after-life cookie called heaven.

Irrational said...

Fair enough.

Corinne said...

Would Sufjen's arch-nemesis be Rufus Wainwright?

Corinne said...

It would make for a hot jello wrestling match, for sure.

J.P. said...

DAMN he sure is a hottie. I can sing his praises all day.