Monday, June 05, 2006

In which I seek advice once more...

Same question as a couple months ago, but with more details. I've been trying to make up my mind for a month, but am still no closer to a decision, so if anybody has any good advice I'd love to hear it. I have job offers in Thailand and Vancouver... which do I take?

Thailand - Pros: Good for my career, good experience, and fulfilling work with Burmese human rights activists.
Cons: Liveable but otherwise meager pay - won't be able to pay down my debt at all. Far from home for one year.

Vancouver PR job - Pros - Close to friends and family, including two aging grandparents and two new nephews. Good pay, enough to take a bite out of my student debt.
Cons - Won't do much for my career nor boost Toby's academic street cred. I may get itchy feet again.

I'm dying of indecision. I need to let the Thailand folks know SOON (like tonight or tomorrow)... it's a damn good opportunity but I've been on the road a lot in the last couple of years, and it would be nice to take a year or so at home before I head back out again. Plus I gotta spend some quality time with my grandmothers while they're still lucid/alive.

What do I do?

No comments: