Sunday, August 15, 2004

This one I definitely can't put on my web site...

Got an email today that left me with a choice to make...

A group called Human Rights Internet got a resume from me some months back, and have pegged me (as one of four) for three positions doing IT and communications work for human rights groups in developing countries, for four to six months starting from late September to late October. So here's my choice:

A) Have a 75% chance (three jobs for four people) at spending half a year in a yet-unnamed Third World hellhole, dripping through the rainy season and probably catching malaria, for a pitiful monthly stipend. Return home with no money and no job, and possibly on the shit list of the folks (the BC Liberals) I'd be breaking a contract with.

B) Stay here in my comfortable headspace with a job that pays well and an apartment full of stuff I haven't finished paying for. (Sorry, Corinne, the TV would have to go back to Future Shop.) Possibly accumulate enough money to pay for school next year, and not infuriate any of the people currently running the province. Have a guaranteed job offer overseeing public consultation on the RAV line after the election, if I can hack it.

On second thought, doesn't sound like much of a choice at all, does it?


Damn, I'm gonna miss the Clubhouse Hallowe'en party.

No comments: