Friday, August 06, 2004

Ikea and bad weather are an ironic combination...

Having planned a dealie at my place partly to force myself to buy furniture I note that, an entire paycheck and several days of assembling Ikeacrap later, the weather for said fireworks shindig has taken a turn for the ugly.

Life goes on.

We're still doing the gathering, and I should be at my place by 7:30. I guess we'll figure out from there whether we want to trek to the fireworks, pending weather, or stick around.

Anybody who wants details give me an email. I brushed off Owen's doom and gloom prophecies the last time I posted my phone number here... until the crank calls started rolling in.

Never again will I doubt the wisdom of Owen.

Side note: Since I never replenished my CD collection after losing the bulk of it, and just formatted my hard drive, my music bites. Outside tunes welcome.

Clarification: Regarding above, I mean *I* expect to be at my place by 7:30. Y'all are welcome to show up anytime between then and fireworks time... or after fireworks, of course, if you're dead inside and don't enjoy the sparkly lights.

Oh yeah, directions. Go to Granville or Burrard Skytrain, and walk up to Robson. Walk down Robson to Broughton (about 4 blocks from Burrard), and turn left. Walk 3ish blocks to Nelson, turn right. I'm in the first highrise on the left, 1424 Nelson. Buzzer number 1904.

No comments: