Thursday, May 06, 2004

everyone else is doing it, so why can't I?

I'm not so keen on my draw. and while graeme and corinne have obscure tastes, mine is merely bad. which is, in its own poetic way, obscure...

1. I haven't gone anywhere but out of my body
2. there are still some things that make us all the same. you. me. them.
3. when I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world, I just want your half
4. then we'll get to the fact that it's always my fault, just because you're breaking my heart
5. they think I'm crazy, they don't that I like it here
6. I hear you're looking for someone to love
7. I'll never win a title, and I'll never win the cup, but when it comes to ladies, I've had the best of luck
8. for you I bleed myself dry
9. trudging slowly over wet sand
10. finally I've found that I belong here
11. to forgive but never forget, so the past reappears
12. life is peaceful, in the open air
13. we slip and slide as we fall in love
14. think I'm drunk enough to drive you home now
15. it's that time of year again, I can taste the air
16. you give me so much love that it blows my brains out
17. say after me, 'it's no better to be safe than sorry'
18. formal photographs refuse to mention his tiny feet, that birthmark on her knee
19. 'cause there's no place that I could be without you
20. your ears are full of the language, there’s wisdom there you’re sure

No comments: