Thursday, October 28, 2004

The Horror Of Moving or "How I learned to stop worrying and accept being homeless".

Well it's come down to this...a month of frantic searching for real estate that satisfies my criteria for location, space and non-leakage...a few offers, one acceptance on a spacious 1030sf condo and many horrible strata minutes later...I've decided that this is a sour time of year to shop for real estate in the GVRD. Hence, I've decided to rent in a brand new 1brdm + den suite that is managed by a family friend who has been incredibly hospitable...

Now the reason for last minute panic...my boss, with the F350, has a family emergency out of town and may not be able to offer help this weekend, hence I'm without a truck and down to 2 definites and 1 maybe for assistance. I'm going to try to see what can be rented at the last minute, but I'm not having a good day...so, anyone who'd be willing to contribute a vehicle or a hand with the lifting of 6 big pieces of furniture would definitely make my "people to appreciate" list and be treated to Mo 'n Meez donairs for lunch and sushi or indian food for dinner.

Not to compete with Paul, but I'm in a real panic over this, I don't have far to move and with the right size truck and a few extra people, I don't expect that the move would take more than 1-2 hours.

Duke

No comments: