Thursday, October 21, 2004

Den of Sin updates

Hey big change in schedule next week.

One we're back to tuesday on the 26th (and then back to wednesday on Nov. 10) due to Cine-Muerte starting up the next night.

Two no Orca or Jaws: The Revenge. Postponed til maybe December (and then maybe no Jaws since everyone seems to be sick of me purposely programming crap). After watching last week's "Sympathy for Mr Vengeance", to which Graeme and Brendan can attest to, we've decided to program some goodies as in actually good, really good.

Oct 26th
So this upcoming tuesday is a Chan-wook Park (director of "Sympathy for Mr Vengeance". One of my new all time faves) double bill.

7:00pm JSA (Joint Security Area) - A murder in the JSA of North and South Korea. The only witness commits suicide. Promises to be a decent thriller.

9:00pm Oldboy - Won the Grand Prix at this year's Cannes. Supposedly kick ass revenge movie. Can't wait.

Apologies to Owen after I promised tonight we would be watching Orca but, fuck, let's watch some damn good movies for a change (though Mariko's programming choices are usually excellent. Yay for her. Boo to me.)

Also Corrine rules because apparently she needs to hear that I give a shit. She and Graeme should also see I Heart Huckabees because I'm very curious what they BOTH think about it.

To end here are some previews of upcoming films

In december hopefully
http://www.subversivecinema.com/subversivetrailers/battle.mov

And in January (Oh yeah)
http://www.artsmagicdvd.com/trailers/9souls/qtlarge.html
(I love the music in this movie)

No comments: