Monday, April 30, 2007

Umm... just to be on the safe side...

OK, I couldn't quite mention this on my own blog, but I need some serious radio silence for the next few weeks. I've got to go off the grid for some fieldwork (hint: I'm posing as a missionary!). Please don't email me or comment (on my blog) about anything even vaguely connected to my work, or Thailand, or Burma, or buttsex, or my foolishness for doing this crazy shit in the first place, or anything other than pleasant wishes and the weather. Facebook commenting is likewise out. Otherwise, I'll be deported, and fired, and possibly (much) worse.

And to those with a particularly contrarian sense of humour, this is not one of those times where ignoring my plea will make it extra funny. Seriously, just don't.

P.S. This blog is probably a safe place to say whatever. Christian, I'm hoping you'll get it out of your system here.

8 comments:

Corinne said...

Or you could just set up a yahoo email address to randomly email someone that you're alive and otherwise NOT access any aspect of the internet betwenn then and now.

Paul said...

I have set up an additional addy, but some of my students are contacting me through my gmail and I can't them the new address in time. I won't be touching facebook or any of the blogs, but I can still get fired/deported for things that other people write on them. It's complicated

christian said...

I can't understand everything else, but why can't I comment about buttsex? that doesn't make any sense...

Toby said...

Oh, I wanna pose as a missionary. :-(

Good luck, Secret Agent Man!

Paul said...

I may not be cut out for this - I just realized I forgot to buy a bible.

christian said...

just steal one from your hotel room.

duh.

beezlebozoclown said...

Paul, I love when your butt smells like vag.

Toby said...

In Thai hotel room drawers you probably get sutras.

You can pretend you're from Benny Hinn's church. Then you don't need a Bible, you can just make stuff up about demons and smack people on the forehead periodically.