Sunday, February 04, 2007

Vet's Club gone private

ADDENDUM: I spoke with Ron earlier today and he mentioned that the turnout last night (I couldn't make it) was very good, in fact the dance floor was packed towards the end of the night. One thing I should mention is that the membership dues are enforced by the veteran's board (on behalf of other clubs that don't draw the same kind of business), not the management. Anyhow, the liquor control board talks to the veteran's club board and they talk to management, coupled with the pressures of fire code regulations and bad behaviour on certain nights...the membership makes sense. I definitely think that they deserve our support...many veteran's clubs around the lower mainland are closing after being consistently in the red (the entertainment and atmosphere at #298 are keeping it alive). Not to mention that a vet's club membership gets you into any local across North America or in England.

Membership is $26 anually and each member can sponsor 3 guests.

5 comments:

bob said...

...and what about me?

Bob

kat said...

and me?

KJ_Duke said...

Oh hey, sorry Bob and Kat...I think pretty much anybody who goes weekly has got or is planning to get a membership.

Paul said...

I leave, and everything goes to hell. I'll buy a membership when I get back.

Karen said...

That's awesome.. I'd get one if I was there.
fun fun