Saturday, February 03, 2007

The B&B Presents: Christian Scare Films

Just in case anyone questioned my fears of religion... This Sunday, I will be presenting two recent flicks about when Evangelism thinks too much of itself and goes too far.

7:00 pm

Jesus Camp (2006) USA
"Onward Christian Soldiers!" A documentary on the not so innocent side of Evangelist Summer camps. The Trailer proved terrifying.


9:00 pm
1950s Christian Scare Films
As a treat, and only if there is time, I will show some Christian Documentary Shorts from the 50s. I hope these documentaries prove to be edifying, if not hilarious.

9:30 pm

Saved (2004) USA
"They without sin cast the first stone." When a girl in an Evangelical Christian highschool winds up pregnant she finds herself becoming ostrasized and demonized, by her classmates and former friends. Maculay Culkin shows up as a Blastphemous Parapalegic. I am told this one's very funny.

Let me know if you're gonna make it out.

2 comments:

christian said...

saved was awesome, yo. it made me love macaulay culkin.

not again. for the first time. but at least I was able to forgive him for everything else he's ever done...

scott said...

Sounds like a blast(phemy).