Sunday, March 05, 2006

OK Listen up bitches...

I know that clubhousers are fundamentally lazy slobs and that's good, 'cause it's all ... culture jammin' an' stuff. But I've just accepted a job workin' for da Man and this job, it's going to be soul-sucking at times. So I'm gonna need something to help me get through this year while I save up enough to do my masters. I need to throw myself into something... get engaged in a subject, as it were. I've decided I want to be a better writer. And I know some of my friends want to be writers (Perhaps they think it will get them lots of sex because they're certainly not going to make much money at it no matter how good they are. Anyways...)

I've decided to set up a writing club. The following people are members of the club (note this is not up for discussion and attendance is mandatory):

Bean
Kat
Meeko
Scott PM (This one may require kidnapping.)

Others may join but only by proving to me that they really want to write and are willing to butter me up. The above people I already know like writing. I figure I will use my domineering personality to force my friends to improve my writing and at the same time launch my friends' literary careers. Plus having bi-weekly meetings will force me to write like nothing else will.

Meetings will be held fortnightly originally at the clubhouse and subsequently at my new place. I will post the address in the forum. These meetings will involve copious amounts of wine.

The people mentioned above are to phone me and give me their schedules so I can arrange a meeting.

Warning:

Any attempt to ignore or circumvent this plan will be meet with Rachael's DISAPPOINTED LOOK OF DOOM or perhaps her DOOMY LOOK OF DISAPPOINTMENT. You have been warned.

No comments: