Saturday, March 18, 2006

Moving weekend, April 1-2, 2006

Jessica, Rachael and myself are all moving this fine weekend.

I know Rachael's moving on the 1st for sure; Jessica will be doing similarly (correct me if I am incorrect); I, however, am working on for the entire 24 hours of the 1st of April and will be unable to move anything that day.

Rachael will be renting a truck for her objects, and just needs arms to move things. Jessica's plans elude me. I have one set of two arms to help me move on the Sunday, any others, including those who might have access to a vehicle that day, would be greatly appreciated. I'm moving the following items:

Wardrobe, clothing, laptop, television, sound system, futon, bears, cats, CDs, DVDs, PS2, games: DS & PS2, laundry basket(s), arts & crafts stuff, toiletries, books (2.5 smaller boxes), sewing machine (supplies), few dishes, some other things.

You will not have to move any beds, desks, tables, chairs, couches, bins of paper, scientific apparatuses, cutlery, bookcases or explosives.

If you are away at a comicon or helping other people move, but still want to assist me, I would appreciate anyone with a vehicle to accompany me to an Ikea location in the week following the 2nd to acquire the following necessary items:

Collapsible table & standard or folding chairs
Possible bed frame (50-50 chance of needing one)
TV stand (to hold the TV & PS2)
Expedit bookcase
Bedding, if I have not acquired it yet

When was the last time you had a say in an Ikea spending frenzy?


I can probably get my parents to help me with the domestic stuff (towels, microwave, toaster oven, rice cooker), but it's way more fun with friends.

If everything is set up and ready on the weekend of the 15th, I will be having a pajama party with popcorn, movies and Denny's in the AM. It's going to be low-key as it's in an apartment building and the frenzy of a party is not the best idea.

Let me know; I'm getting more stressed as time goes by (I'm up to five nosebleeds this week).

No comments: