Tuesday, November 02, 2004

All tomorrow's parties...

Woot! The big day is almost upon us, and the Pic Pub seems to be the place to congregate and witness either the disintegration of American democracy, or its wheezing, half-assed clinging to life.
If I may make a proclamation beyond any power I actually hold, NO ONE is permitted to stay home, or even at work, and fail to give the incoming results their full and undivided attention. Everyone is expected to be at the Pic slavishly following the returns from Ohio and Florida, and hopefully Jon Stewart will oblige us with much ongoing commentary, not just the one puny hour I've heard of so far.

For my part, I've managed to weasel my way into the US Consul-General's election night shindiggy at the Westin Bayshore, and I sure hope he's a Kerry supporter, 'cuz it'll be hard to feign disappointment when Kerry takes Ohio. That whole thing will wrap up by 9, or I may leave earlier if I can't get Comedy Central, so I'll head over to the Pic asap following my free dinner. Let's see a record turnout, people. Anytime after 6 PM or so is probably a good time to show up.

No comments: